If we want to stay fit and healthy until our old age, we must make the investment from early age. Healthy is not an instant reward, but it must be earned. We can invest in health by ensuring healthy eating, which we can do by:
1. Consuming vegetables and fish – fish provide a good supply of omega 3 that is necessary for keeping a healthy heart and vegetables provide fiber.
2. Ensuring the calories in our menu contain the necessary nutrition and filling without being excessive.
3. Avoiding deep-fried foods and eating more steamed, boiled, grilled, stir-fried or barbequed.
4. Shifting to corn or olive oil for cooking.
5. Ensuring that at least 50% of the carbohydrate we consume is the complex carbohydrate from brown rice, oatmeal, sweet potato, corn, lettuce, broccoli, spinach, carrot, onion, and celery – because carbohydrate as the source of energy will turn into glucose while being digested.
6. Avoiding eating after 6 PM – digestion is optimized if we allow our body a lot of time to digest the food before we go to bed.
7. Only consuming complex carbohydrate if we feel hungry after 6 PM.